If you make your living with words, you need to join the Professional Editors Network! Annual dues are $55 for regular members and $30 for students and new graduates. Whether you’re a longtime professional editor, writer, proofreader, or indexer or a new grad just starting your career, becoming a PEN member connects you with professionals like you and with potential clients. Join today and get connected!
Member benefits include:
- A listing in PEN’s searchable online directory
- Unlimited attendance at free professional development meetings, held monthly from September through May
- Free or discounted registration for workshops, webinars, and other special offerings
- A 30% discount on PerfectIt editing software
- A subscription to Networking News, our members-only email newsletter, and access to an online archive of past issues
- Access to a members-only email discussion list where you can reach out with questions about writing and editing, post or discover job leads, and more
- Opportunities to network at meetings and happy hour events with other professionals who work with words
- Access to PEN’s mentorship program
- Options to promote yourself and your business through PEN social media
To join or renew your membership, use the form below. Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We process new memberships twice a month, in the middle and at the end of each calendar month. You’ll receive a welcome email about five days after the end of the period in which you join.
Renewing and Returning Members
If you’re renewing a current membership or returning after a previous expiration, use the email address PEN has on file for you to ensure we can process your membership correctly. You will receive an email reminder when your membership is due for renewal.